For the latest information on Hunter (NSW) restrictions and social distancing laws, click here
*If you are in regional NSW but have been in Greater Sydney since 21 June you must stay-at-home for 14 days since you were last there*
Current Health Information
If you are concerned about your health, they should call their GP or the national Coronavirus Health Information Hotline on 1800 020 080 for advice.
The line operates 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
Up to date information and advice is available at the Department of Health website.
- COVID-19 resources including FAQs are available here
- Latest case numbers broken down by state are available here
- Advice for public gatherings and visits to vulnerable groups here
- Health Information in languages other than English here.
Mental Health Support
Constituents in our communities are suffering and will need mental health support. You can find a list of mental health support services here.
Here is a good information guide for people to help them manage their mental health at home.
Visiting an Aged Care Facility
Before planning a visit to a residential aged care facility it may be advisable to contact the service provider and have a chat about the visiting arrangements that are now in place to help curb the spread of coronavirus.
Seeking the JobSeeker Payment (formerly Newstart) Click here for a step by step factsheet.
Centrelink is experiencing a huge increase of people seeking financial support due to the Coronavirus. Unfortunately, the waiting times are longer than usual.
WHAT TO KNOW
- You can call Centrelink on 132 850, the hours have been extended to 8am-8pm to make a claim, you will need a CRN (Customer Reference Number).
- If you already have a CRN, you can apply online at MyGov.
- If you don't have a CRN, you will need to call Centrelink or visit in person - you CANNOT apply for a CRN online.
- If you lodge your intent to claim now, your payments will be backdated to that day.
CORONAVIRUS ADDRESS BOOK
Health - www.health.gov.au
Business support - www.business.gov.au or call 13 28 48
Individual support - www.servicesaustralia.gov.au or call 02 6155 7788
Aged Care - www.myagedcare.gov.au or call 1800 020 103
Treasury - www.treasury.gov.au
The Older Persons COVID-19 Support Line - 1800 171 866