For the latest information on Hunter (NSW) restrictions and social distancing laws, click here
Current Health Information
If you are concerned about your health, they should call their GP or the national Coronavirus Health Information Hotline on 1800 020 080 for advice.
The line operates 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
Up to date information and advice is available at the Department of Health website.
- COVID-19 resources including FAQs are available here
- Latest case numbers broken down by state are available here
- Advice for public gatherings and visits to vulnerable groups here
- Health Information in languages other than English here.
Mental Health Support
Constituents in our communities are suffering and will need mental health support. You can find a list of mental health support services here.
Here is a good information guide for people to help them manage their mental health at home.
Visiting an Aged Care Facility
Before planning a visit to a residential aged care facility it may be advisable to contact the service provider and have a chat about the visiting arrangements that are now in place to help curb the spread of coronavirus.
Seeking the JobSeeker Payment (formerly Newstart) Click here for a step by step factsheet.
Centrelink is experiencing a huge increase of people seeking financial support due to the Coronavirus. Unfortunately, the waiting times are longer than usual.
WHAT TO KNOW
- You can call Centrelink on 132 850 to make a claim. You will need a CRN (Customer Reference Number).
- If you already have a CRN, you can apply online at MyGov.
- If you don't have a CRN, you will need to call Centrelink or visit in person - you CANNOT apply for a CRN online.
- If you lodge your intent to claim now, your payments will be backdated to that day.
COVID Phone Book
13 11 14
NSW Mental Health line
1800 011 511
Beyond Blue COVID Support Line
1800 512 348
National coronavirus and COVID-19 vaccine helpline
1800 020 080
COVID-19 Disaster Payment - Services Australia
180 22 66
COVID-19 Help for Businesses - NSW Government
13 77 88
Support for Individuals and Households - NSW Government
13 77 88
COVID-19 Advice for Indigenous Australians
02 6271 5111
Healthdirect 24 hours - Free health advice
1800 022 222
Information for older Australians on COVID-19
1800 200 422
Health - www.health.gov.au
NSW Government - www.nsw.gov.au/
Business support - www.business.gov.au
Individual support - www.servicesaustralia.gov.au
Aged Care - www.myagedcare.gov.au
Treasury - www.treasury.gov.au