What is My Aged Care?
My Aged Care provides an entry point to Australian Government–funded aged care services for the general public. Older Australians, their families and carers can access My Aged Care information through the website or contact centre.
Health professionals can also refer patients to My Aged Care.
Aged care assessors and approved service providers have portals to manage their service information, assessments and referrals.
Why it is important?
The number of older Australians – those aged 65 or over, or aged 50 or over for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples – is growing. We expect it to more than double in the next 35 to 40 years.
This means that more people will need aged care services – My Aged Care provides access and information about Australian Government-funded aged care services.
What My Aged Care provides
My Aged Care provides information about and access to Australian Government–funded aged care services. It includes information to help your clients and patients:
- learn about the types of aged care services available
- find out whether they are eligible for an assessment
- find a provider of aged care services
- estimate costs for aged care services – for Home Care Packages or residential aged care
- see what services they are receiving
- check that aged care service providers comply with quality requirements.
Assessor and service provider portals
The My Aged Care portals provide online access for approved assessors and service providers to manage and update information:
- assessor portal – for aged care assessors to manage client assessments
- service provider portal – for aged care service providers to manage client and service information.
Payments and services if your're retired, planning for retirement or looking to work past Aged Pension age:
- Services Australia
- Financial Information Services
- Aged Pension
- Rent Assistance
- Pensioner Concession Card
Useful information and services
- Aged Care Complaints Commissioner
- Aged Care pricing Commissioner
- NSW Seniors Card
- Department of Social Services
- Department of Veterans Affairs
- Be Connected - Build your online skills.
- Money Smart - Assistance in managing your finances and financial calculator.
- Department of Health - Information on the roll out of the Covid-19 vaccine, as well as other health services and information.
- Seniors Rights Service - free and confidential telephone advice, aged care advocacy and support, legal advice and rights-based education forums for seniors.
- ACCC Scamwatch - Information on how to protect yourself from scams.
- Community Transport - Information on how to access community transport.